Get Covered!!

Estate Agents

24th October 2016

Ensure you’re covered with the right type of insurance for your property for peace of mind when you need it most!

It is important to ensure that you have protected your new abode by arranging the appropriate insurance cover – there to protect you should the unthinkable happen to your home, possessions – or both.

There are different types of insurance available

Building Insurance – This would be your first port of call. Most mortgage companies insist you take building insurance out as part of their agreement to protect their investment, meaning it is pretty much a given requirement for most.

Contents Insurance – Just as it is vital to cover the main frame of your home, so too, should you look out for its contents. From loss and damage, to fire, theft, flooding and more, looking after your home with adequate contents insurance should be just as important – so start tallying up what you want to cover – think technology, high-tech appliances, antiques and jewellery.

Buy to Let Insurance – If you’re a prospective landlord eager to rent your property, it is essential you protect yourself with the right cover. Buy to let insurance is aimed specifically at landlords, and usually includes building insurance, liability insurance – in case someone is injured on your property – and contents cover, which is necessary if your property is part or fully furnished.

Exclusions – The final thing to consider when searching for the right home insurance is to realise that there is always going to be some exclusions you simply won’t be able to claim for. Acts of war or terrorism are classic examples, leaving your home unoccupied for more than a certain time period and general wear and tear is another factor to address. So address any repairs as soon as they become apparent to prevent you from falling foul of a rejected claim.

Should you require a quote, please call Allison on 02895213187.